No Visitor Policy in Effect
BJC HealthCare has made the difficult decision to implement a “no visitor” policy starting March 23. This is a necessary part of our efforts to protect patients and staff against the transmission of coronavirus (COVID-19).
We recognize that in some circumstances, exceptions are needed:
- Obstetrics patients (1 visitor)
- Nursery and Neonatal Intensive Care patients (2 visitors)
- Pediatric patients (2 visitors)
- Patients at the end-of-life (2 visitors)
- Patients with behavioral health needs, developmental delays or altered mental status (1 visitor)
- Emergency department patients (1 visitor, including pediatrics)
- Those with an appointment in an outpatient area, procedural area or medical office (1 visitor for an adult, 2 for a child)
For visitors who fall within the exceptions above, please note:
- You will be screened before entering.
- Anyone experiencing signs of illness will not be allowed to visit.
- You must not have had contact with someone suspected or confirmed to have COVID-19.
- Anyone under age 16 is not permitted.
- You must wash your hands.
- You will remain with the patient at all times (no access to waiting areas, cafeterias, etc.).
- The approved visitor(s) is/are the only visitor(s) for that day.
- If you develop any symptoms, immediately notify the patient’s care team.
Please know that we recognize the importance of family and friends to our patients and will evaluate this policy regularly.