Memorial Foundation’s Scholar Athletes of the Month Scholarship
Nominate a student to be recognized as Scholar Athlete of the Month!
Monthly winners get a chance to win one of two college scholarships at the end of the 2018-2019 school year.
Memorial Foundation, along with Memorial Rehab and Sports Medicine and BJC Medical Group Orthopedic and Sports Medicine would like to recognize one male and one female scholar athlete of the month culminating with a male and female Scholar Athlete of the Year College Scholarship presentation at the end of the school year.
The program will be administered and funded by Memorial Foundation, Inc. and serve as an opportunity to support local high school athletes.
- A high school senior from a high school in Memorial’s primary service area and selected secondary service area including:
- Althoff Catholic High School
- Belleville Township High School East
- Belleville Township High School West
- Breese High School
- Cahokia High School
- Collinsville High School
- Columbia High School
- Dupo High School
- East St. Louis High School
- Freeburg High School
- Gibault Catholic High School
- Governor French Academy
- Lebanon High School
- Marissa High School/Coulterville HS
- Mascoutah High School
- Mater Dei High School
- Nashville High School
- New Athens High School
- O'Fallon First Baptist Academy
- O’Fallon High School
- Okawville High School
- Triad High School
- Waterloo High School
- Wesclin High School
- Outstanding scholar athlete with a minimum 3.5 out of 4.0 GPA or 4.5 out of a 5.0 GPA
- History of academic and athletic accomplishments
- Community and/or civic involvement
- A brief essay outlining college plans and career aspirations
Monthly awards will be given from September 2018 through April 2019. Each Scholar Athlete of the Month will be eligible for one of two $1,500 scholarships. Scholarship checks will be written to the high schools’ respective scholarship fund and provided to the student.
There are several ways to nominate a scholar athlete:
- Mail: Complete and mail in the nomination form along with the essay and a photo of the athlete to: Memorial Foundation, 4500 Memorial Drive, Belleville, Illinois 62226.
- Email: Complete, scan, and email the nomination form, essay, and photo of the athlete to MemAthlete@bjc.org.
- Online: Complete and submit the online form and remember to submit the essay and digital photo.
Learn more about how we promote this scholarship program, the selection process, and winner notification.