Loved Ones Guide to Virtual Visitor Using Zoom
To participate in Virtual Visiting Hours with your hospitalized loved one during our standard visiting hours, you must have access to a smartphone, iPad, tablet, laptop or desktop computer with a camera and internet access.
Get the Zoom Cloud Meetings app
- For iPhone or iPad
Download from the App Store
- For android phone or tablet
Download from Google Play
- For laptop/desktop computer
Go to www.zoom.us/download
PLEASE NOTE: You must have a camera built in or attached.
Sign up for your own account
Open the Zoom app and sign up for your own free account by entering your date of birth (select birth year first), email address, first name, last name, and click to agree to the Terms of Service.
You will receive an email from Zoom ([email protected]). In this email, click Activate Account.
When activating your account
- Select “No” when asked “Are you creating an account for a school?”
- Create your personal password for your account
- Click “continue”
- When asked to invite colleagues – click “Skip this step”
- At this point, you can click to join a test Zoom meeting to test your microphone/speakers
When it’s time for your Virtual Visit
- Someone from the hospital will call one designated Point of Contact with the Meeting ID and Password for the Virtual Visit using Zoom.
- Write these numbers down and have them available when it is time to start the Virtual Visit
- The designated Point of Contact may share the Meeting ID and Password with other loved ones wishing to participate in the virtual visit.
- Each person participating in the Virtual Visit must have a Zoom account and have the app on their phone, tablet, or computer and follow the steps below.
- Log into your Zoom account
- Click Join
- Enter the Meeting ID and click Join
- Enter the Password; click Continue
- Each participant will get a message
- You will then be connected to the Zoom video Virtual Visit.
- You may have to click Call using Internet Audio to be able hear what is being said on the call.
- Click the camera icon on the bottom left. In order to see all participants, you may need to swipe left.
If you need help creating your Zoom account, or have trouble connecting to your Virtual Visit:
Hours: 8:00 am – 9:00 pm