You’re invited to join our volunteer team now. A smile and a helping hand can make a difference!
A variety of volunteer opportunities exist through Memorial Hospital’s Auxiliary. This dedicated group of women and men share their experience, expertise, and energy with patients, physicians, and employees.
Since 1957, the Auxiliary has:
- Given more than 2.6 million service hours.
- Contributed more than $7.6 million to the hospital.
- Contributed over $500,000 to students pursuing healthcare careers.
- Enjoy the feeling of personal satisfaction that comes from helping others.
- Use your talents and skills.
- Do something meaningful.
- Meet new people and make new friends.
- Gain new experiences and insights.
- Be part of a team.
- Make a difference.
- Receive recognition and appreciation.
- Have fun!
What Does It Take to Be a Volunteer?
- Be at least 18 years old. Information about the Junior Volunteer program for 14 (must be a freshman in high school) to 17 year olds is available upon request.
- Complete a volunteer application and include references.
- Attend an orientation, complete a physical, and be interviewed by the Director of Volunteer Services.
- Pay annual dues of $5 or a Lifetime Membership of $100.
- Purchase and wear required uniform.
- Attend an annual education session pertaining to hospital rules, regulations, and safety guidelines as well as other volunteer information.
Areas of Need
- Reception Areas
- Patient/Family Assistance
- Patient Transport
- Gift Shop
Other Volunteer Activities
Volunteers also conduct fundraising projects to benefit the hospital and assist with hospital and Auxiliary programs, which provide education and services to the community.