Our geriatrics team meets the healthcare needs of elderly patients.
This includes caring for chronic illnesses, multiple health problems, and disability; assisting with fall prevention; and offering resources that can help patients suffering from diminished mental capacity.
Our geriatricians (physicians who specialize in the care of elderly people) aim to promote health by preventing and treating diseases and disabilities in older adults. There is no set age at which patients may be under the care of a geriatrician. This decision is determined by the individual patient's needs and the availability of a specialist.
- Special expertise in diagnosing and treating memory disorders and dementias, including Alzheimer's disease
- The latest treatments for arthritis and related diseases, with a special recognition of how these common conditions affect older adults
- Physical and occupational therapy
- Comprehensive geriatric assessment of older adults who can benefit from the combined input of geriatricians, nurses, and social workers
- Treatment of falls and bone fractures, which can be a major cause of disability in older adults